Google
 

December 15, 2008

Cream of Beetroot Soup


Pretty Pink! Those were my first thoughts when I poured this soup into our cups. The lighting at home is not the best suited to take pictures. As a result, any pictures I take at night are just about average. This is one of the simplest soups I've made, but it had such a lovely hue that I almost felt a little bad drinking it up.


3 medium Beetroots, peeled and diced

2 medium Carrots, peeled and diced

1 Onion, diced

1/2 cup Milk

Salt and Pepper to taste


Pressure cook the beetroots, carrots and the onion together with about 2 cups of water. Liquidize when cool. A
dd the milk and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.


We enjoyed this soup with some toast. I am certain this would taste great with crackers or even just by itself. I must admit that I was rather happy just looking at it.

6 comments:

Divya Kudua said...

Pinky pinky soup..I love the looks of it!!I regularly make your version of Carrot soup..Beet soup is next on my list!!

Deepa said...

Hey,
You know what? I remembered something when I saw this recipe. Gujratis have a beetroot soup they make farly often, sort of regular fare, it seemed to me. They opressure cook beetroot with tomato, and add cloves to it. Tht's all I can remember. --Deepa

Kalai said...

Certainly is pretty in pink! Lovely soup, girl! :)

CurryLeaf said...

Lovely and healthy soup.I will not be able to drink it.would like to frame it and keep -pretty in pink.

lubnakarim06 said...

Healthy and yummy soup.

Anita said...

Look at you churn out beet recipes! Now tell me - you know how to make beet rasam? :-)