Google
 

December 2, 2008

Cherry Pancakes




Sweet beginnings. They make the journey so much better. I know that this is really the opposite of what I said here. Ending the meal with something sweet is different from a meal that is sweet to start with. Or so I believe. While I'm not the biggest fan of sweet breakfasts, I love my occasional pancake or muffin routine.



I had lost track of many events. Even those that I participated in regularly. I did manage to dig out a bag of Peterson's Triple Cherry Blend that S brought back for me last weekend. I wanted to make a cherry syrup to pour over normal pancakes, but decided to blend in the dried cherries into the pancake batter. (All of you know what must have promted that!) The taste was absolutely great.






1 cup Flour

1 tbsp Sugar

1 Egg

1 cup Milk

1/4 cup Dried Cherries

½ tsp Baking Powder

½ tsp Vanilla Essence

1 tsp Butter

A pinch of Salt

½ tsp Butter for frying



To Serve:

Maple Syrup



Beat the egg and then add milk. Gradually add the flour and the baking powder while continuing to blend. Add the sugar, salt, butter and vanilla essence and mix well. Blend in the cherries.



Heat the pan and add the butter. Coat the entire pan with the melted butter. Pour a ladleful of the batter onto the pan. Do not spread it with the ladle. Allow the batter to flow and form a circle. Cook for a minute and turn over. Cook on the other side for about half a minute and then transfer to a plate.


Repeat with the remaining batter. Stack the pancakes on a plate and serve hot with maple syrup.


I'm sending this plate to Rachel as she hosts the AFAM: Cherry.

10 comments:

CurryLeaf said...

Lovely.2They do not need maple syrup.Very good as such

anudivya said...

They are so cute! Very nice use of cherries for a change.

Vaidehi Bhave said...

Pancake color looks really nice..

Chakali

Pavani said...

looks colurful n yummy...

Priya Suresh said...

Pancake looks fabulous with lovely colour..

SMN said...

Raaga agree wth u completely i have very sweet tooth and it is always welcome frm side..

Rachel said...

nothing is better than a cherry flavoured pancake...lovely colour and thnak you so much for the entry.

Anonymous said...

i didnt comment cos i was too busy being J over that bag of cherries.... hhmmmpph!!

pancakes look great as always!!

Raaga said...

Thanks all of you!! :-)

Unknown said...

I've never seen such gorgeous color in pancakes. Congrats on winning Rachel's surprise gift.