Google
 

July 14, 2007

Watermelon Ginger Punch

I wanted to make a nice konkani dish with watermelon rind for the AFAM event. But the watermelon we bought had almost no white portion. So, I decided to make this easy breezy punch.




This is a very simple drink that I enjoy in the morning.


Ingredients:


1 cup Watermelon cubes, deseeded
1 tsp Ginger paste
Juice of 1/2 a Lime
Sugar or Black Salt to taste


Mix the watermelon, ginger and sugar or black salt in a blender. Add the lime juice and mix well. Add some crushed ice to this if you wish. (Since I have it as a morning drink, I don't add the ice.)


This is my entry to the AFAM event hosted by Jai and Bee of Jugalbandi. The theme for July is Watermelon.

4 comments:

Nupur said...

Sounds delicious! I have the same problem...no white rind on the watermelon :( What's up with that? Too much improvement in agri-breeding I guess.

Raaga said...

Yeah Nupur... the vegetables are getting bigger and "better" and I can't seem to make a dish that I want :-) An erstwhile Botany student is cribbing here :-)

Anonymous said...

Simple and straight forward! The ginger must make the juice sing!

Raaga said...

Thanks... the ginger does add its zing and hence makes the juice and me sing :-)

I figured an easier way... I have ginger ale syrup :-))