Google
 

July 24, 2007

Summer Fruit Shake


Summer! I think I have a love-hate relationship with this part of the year. The heat I don't like. No, not even when it is zero degrees and we exist in our houses without heating, central or otherwise. I don't look forward to the nice hot summer months. Nice and hot together would constitute an oxymoron, wouldn't they?




But there are some things I simply love about summer. The fruits. The mangoes, watermelons, peaches, litchis, apricots, jamuns, plums, pears, cherries and apples. We stock them up at home and I can just go on eating fruit. I don't need much else.


Some pictures of fruit taken during our last holiday in Mussoorie.




Yet another breakfast in a glass. I have had to clean my fridge and use up as much of the stuff that's in there. And I also needed to feed myself. So here goes:


1/2 Apple, peeled and chopped

1 Peach, chopped

4 Apricots, chopped

2 Dried Apricots, chopped for garnish

1 cup Milk


Blend all the fruits along with the milk. Pour into a glass and top with dried apricots.


I had a glass of this and drank the remaining milk shake after about 15 minutes. The colour had turned a beautiful orange. I was so carried away that I forgot to take a picture. But it was a filling breakfast and that's all that really matters.


We're traveling for the rest of the week. My cousin and his family are here from London and we're off to the hills to have loads of fun. The doctor said that S could go along too, as long as he isn't driving. So, see you all when I get back.

27 comments:

Coffee said...

AHH!! Deadly combination!! :) Very cooling indeed. :)

Unknown said...

Even I would like to have a glass of the shake... Looks very delicious!!
Have a nice Holiday!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice combo of fruits. Have a good holiday!

Raaga said...

@Coffee: In this heat, very cooling indeed... plus no effort of toiling over a hot stove.

@Cinnamon: Come over anytime... I'm usually stocked. Thanks :-)

@Madhuli: Thanks :-)

Nupur said...

Well, you know when "nice and hot" go together? When you have lived through a bitterly cold, dark and long winter :)
The shake sounds fantastic! I might just scrounge around in my fridge for some fruits and make it this morning...

Raaga said...

Really Nupur... you guys atleast have heating... yahaan pe woh bhi nahin hai!! Let me know how it turns out :-)

Sharmi said...

that fruit shake looks awesome!! the picture of piled up lychee make me miss India so much:( you lucky gal.

Seema Bhat said...

Raaga, Gosh look at those stacked up fruits. You made me miss India girl :-(. Chilled cup of milk shake with a nice book to read and a soothing music in the background would be a perfect day in summer for me.

Raaga said...

@Sharmi: Come next year and we shall feast on litchis :-)

@Seema:That would be my perfect day too :-)

FH said...

I know what you mean! Summer heat,I can't stand but all those Summer fruits are too delicious to let go of Summer!:))
Shake looks yummy and refreshing.
Hope hubby is feeling little better now Raaga.

Jyothi said...

Hi Raaga! Just love your name and you are so beautiful in the photo. That summer milk shake looks lovely like you... Very great and healthy recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Priyanka said...

A lovely recipe... healthy and yumm...

Sia said...

summer means mangoes, fruit juices, watermelon and everything thanda-thanda cool cool baby:) oh!!! now why i am singing baba sehgal's song???:(
that glass of milkshake is just perfect...

Suganya said...

WOW!....This is a lovely combination....Love them all...Cool

Dee said...

healthy healthy wholesome drink

Richa said...

just looking at this shake makes me smile :) fig shake being my fav :) miss those jamuns!

USHA said...

Shake with fruits looks awesome....loved the pictures...remember our country:((Thanks for sharing.

Suganya said...

What is not to like about this milkshake. I wud add pineapple to this ;)

archana said...

Enjoy your trip :) The shake looks yum.I can have loads of it and skip lunch :)
You get the scoop at any steel bartan shop.

Padma said...

Amazingly I have all the ingredients for this shake, will try for sure..thanks for sharing and nice post on summer drinks. I loved Mussoorie when I first visited this place, really a good break from urban pollution. How was ur vacation?

Roopa said...

wow a cooling combo! have fun and be back with more photos!

Raaga said...

@Asha: You're absolutely right :-) Sachin's a lot better now and rejuvenated after the trip.

@Jyothi: That's a lot of compliments. Thank you.

Raaga said...

@Priyanka: Do try it :)

@Sia: I actually listened to Baba Sehgal last week... :-) In this oppressive heat, who wants to slave over the stove??

@Sukanya: Thanks. Let me know if you make it.

Raaga said...

@Dee: Very filling too. Keeps you going for hours.

@Richa: I like it with dried and fresh figs... should make it sometime. And I'd never bought jamuns in my whole life. Just ate them off trees and when the guy asked for 35 rupees for a pav, I told him to just shut up!!

Raaga said...

@Usha: Anytime.

@Suganya: I should try that. Will check for pineapples this week.

@Archana: Thanks. Will go with you to a bartan store and make you buy me one :-)

Raaga said...

@Padma: I loved Manali. Mussoorie was nice, but it has become way too commercial for my liking. How did the shake come out?

@Roopa: You'll see loads of pictures soon.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.