Google
 

July 7, 2007

Sauteed Corn Niblets


After a sumptuous breakfast of Idli-Vada and Mysore Masala Dosa at Naivedyam, a south Indian restaurant close by, and our weekly grocery shopping, I was in no mood to make lunch. I made Butter Garlic Water Chestnuts. That was over before I knew it. And we were still hungry. I had a can of corn niblets and decided to make a similar saute. I remembered a dish I've had often at Mainland China but that uses batter fried corn niblets and I wasn't about to toil over the stove on a hot afternoon.

I tried this and it came out quite well. Needless to say, this also disappeared before I could say Sauteed Corn.

Ingredients:

1 can Corn niblets, drained
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 tsp Chilli flakes
2 tsp Garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp Soy Sauce
Salt to taste
1 tsp Oil

Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Fry for a couple of minutes and add the chilli flakes, salt and soy sauce. Add the corn and saute for 2-3 minutes. Relish it hot as it is or as a topping on canapes.
This is my entry to Weekend Herb Blogging, started by Kalyn and hosted by Kalyn herself.

No comments: