Google
 

July 7, 2007

Misi Roti with leftovers


During my trip to Punjab, my friend’s mother made this roti for breakfast. I asked her if this contained besan. She laughed and said, “Among other things”. She said she puts any leftover stuff in it and makes the dough.

A day or two before the burglars cleaned my house, I had decided to clean my fridge and kitchen. I had loads of stuff in my fridge and decided to use them all.


I had some left over wheat atta in the fridge. To this I added some maida, besan, paneer paratha stuffing, the leftover kadhi from gatte ki kadhi, dal palak and moong dal sambar. I kneaded this dough thoroughly and rolled out the rotis. I toasted them evenly on both sides and served them for breakfast with curd and Punjabi mango pickle.
This is one of my entries to the RCI: Punjabi Cuisine which is being guest hosted by Richa of As Dear As Salt.

1 comment:

Shella said...

Raaga

This is one dish that my MIL always makes using leftover subzis or daals.

N they come out very well, cleaning the fridge up at the same time.